The scholarship provides an opportunity for FIA Members to attend the conference when they would otherwise not have the opportunity to due to financial means.
A scholarship will be provided to one member from each state and territory (8 total) to attend the 2021 FIA Conference, virtual.
· The scholarship covers the cost of a full FIA Conference member registration including a ticket to the Awards Ceremony at a State-Hub ($870). The winner must arrange their own travel to and from the State-Hub, including any costs incurred.
· Applications for the scholarship will open in October and close on Friday, 4 December 2020.
· The scholarship is open to all members of FIA.
The scholarship candidate must:
· Be a member of the FIA who has a current full individual or organisational membership held for at least 12 months.
· Their organisation must have an annual fundraising revenue of less than $500,000 (not including bequests). Fundraising revenue is considered income that has been raised by the fundraising team / fundraiser via fundraising programs, in other words it is income derived from charitable giving. Therefore, by its nature it excludes government grants, investments, fee for service, interest etc.
· Provide an endorsement letter from their organisation’s CEO stating benefits/likely outcomes of attending the conference.
· Have completed the scholarship application form, summarising the reasons he/she feels qualified to receive a scholarship.
· Must not have attended the FIA Conference within the past 2 years.
Conditions of Scholarship:
· The scholarship covers the cost of conference and awards ceremony registration only. Any other costs (such as travel, accommodation, or any other expenses) must be met by the scholarship recipient.
· The recipient must submit a written summary of his/her experience at the conference (approx 500 words) no later than 30 days following the conference. This will become property of FIA and may be used for promotional purposes.
To download a copy of the application form click here